From Project White House.
Saturday 14 January 2012
Thank you Jim! Here are my responses.
Name: Michael Oatman
Social media —
Birth Town: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Residing in: Tucson, Arizona
Favorite food: Baked Ziti, or pizza, both of which I make.
99% or 1%?
- There will always be a 99% and a 1%. The issue is the difference of incomes and standards of living between the two. Eventually, the differences will become less, but it is only now a question of whether that difference reduction is accomplished via social, economic and political reforms or via revolution.
- I prefer reforms, but I will always assist in the revolution, should reforms fail.
How many houses do you own? None, I rent.
Who is your first choice for a running mate? Cynthia Ann McKinney
Make us a campaign promise: “I Do Solemnly Swear To Read The Tucson Weekly, Weekly!”
Spaceships appear above every major US city: How would you handle it?
- 1) Find out whether they are ours and whether this is an exercise or a coup d’etat. If it is an exercise, deny it.
- 2) If they are ours (and not an exercise), quash the coup and hang the treasonous bastards. If they are not ours, well, fucking negotiate.
- 3) If they (not ours) refuse to negotiate, and it is understood what they want, and that is our annihilation, then nuke them. Cooperate to our mutual benefit otherwise. Let’s get on board!
Name two people you would bring together in a beer summit.
- Mitt Romney and Jon Huntsman, just to test them.
- Other than those two, neither of whom would likely have a beer, an effective beer summit might include myself and the leaders of Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Venezuela, Brazil, EU people, Palestine, and Israel. One can only imagine the tremendous range of topics to be hammered out. We would need absinthe, not beer, for this one.
Please order the following threats in terms of biggest priority to least priority (1-6):
First of all, I’d like to explain my numbering scheme. I have these listed in order 1-6, and also in percent importance priority, 0%-100%. The latter percent is where the issue falls in relative importance overall. I will use this percent importance scale in further posts.
Order Pct. Importance Issue
----- --------------- -------
1. 92% Climate Change
2. 90% Iran
3. 85% Unemployment
4. 60% Food recalls
5. 25% Harakat al-Shabaab al-Mujahideen
6. 0.00002% Piranhas
FYI, I would place the possibility of Asian Carp invading the Great Lakes at number 4.5 with a percent of 30%. Additionally, I would give 100% to overall political reform of elections involving the federal government.
Abortion – Safe, Legal, and Rare. Birth control should be freely and widely available so that abortion effectively exists only to protect the life and well-being of the mother.
Guns – For the Second Amendment, and for the argument that a background check (instantaneous) does not impinge on it. I also support free public gun training, particularly for those who wish to carry concealed.
Death penalty – Only for the offense of Treason.
Marijuana – For decriminalization, for removal from Schedule I, and for treatment like and taxation beyond Alcohol and Tobacco.
Israel or Palestine or is it complicated? I support a One-State solution, where everyone’s votes are equal under a united government.
Justin Bieber – I’m for kids with talent. This excludes Bieber. I’m morally against mommies trying to relive their youth by entering their daughters into beauty pageants, but there should be no law.
Waterboarding – For the Geneva Conventions for all nations.
Gays in the military – Are we seriously still talking about this? It has been resolved correctly, finally.
Bigger threat to the institution of marriage: Sinead O’Connor; Las Vegas?
Obamacare – I support (and have since 2007) a single payer, possibly multi-tiered system. Please see the website for details.
Boehner’s tears – As fake as his tan. Where In The World Is Jon Boehner?
Border fence – For a reasonable guest worker program, some version of the Dream Act, drug legalization (except meth and heroin), the cessation of state funding for Israel and Pakistan (our businesses can still sell them weapons), and the removal of our bases from Mecca and Medina. The fence was historically used simply to mark the national boundary. Oh, and no Canadian fences. If we remove the reasons for which people want to come here illegally and/or attack us, we need no fences.
English as the U.S. official language – Je parle Francais aussi.
Amnesty for undocumented immigrants – Yes for the kids; Guest Worker for the adults.
Koch brothers – BANG, ZOOM! Straight to the moon!
Net Neutrality – 1000% FOR! 100% against SOPA/PIPA! 100% FOR COPPA! Let corporations make their own limited internet, parallel to the real one. Let’s see which one people want to use.
Increased defense spending – As if we really have the money to spend — but if we just print it, could we at least print 3 times that much for education, please?
Should text message abbreviations be taught in schools? AFAIK ABVS RNT GRMR. If you could understand that, then maybe we *should* teach people how to communicate with you, or perhaps better vice versa.
Childhood vaccinations – I’m against mercury in particular and any other toxins in vaccines. Yes, mercury is still in there. You should really read the packaging ingredients on everything. The underlying principle of vaccination is fine, medically speaking.
Please list all:
sexual harassment allegations: none
illegal immigrant house help: no house, no help; I rent
criminal convictions: public record
draft dodges: none
bribery scandals: none
other ethics challenges: I’m NOT for bestiality, incest, rape, the Bohemian Grove, Sharia Law, Vulture Capitalism, or closed minds.
- God Is Everything And Everything Else. God does not require religion, but the opposite is not true.
Please remember to register with the GREEN PARTY on or before Monday 30 January 2012!
Please Vote for Michael Oatman on Tuesday 28 February 2012!!!
Thank You ALL For Your Amazing Support!